Armpit lumps can cause lots of distress especially when you consider the pain, itching and inflammation they cause. Even though the lumps may go away after a while, it is critical to start treating them as soon as they appear. You know it’s time to seek treatment for your armpits lumps if the arm is swollen, your body aches, and you have lost appetite as well flu-like symptoms.
That said when diagnosed with armpit lumps, what are your treatment options? Do have to undergo rigorous, expensive therapy to manage the condition? To cut to the chase, treating armpit lumps doesn’t have to a complicated process. With correct natural remedies, not only can you speed up the healing process but also prevent the lumps from re-appearing.
Listed below are some of the most sought after home remedies for armpit lumps.
Echinacea, a herb of the daisy family, contains properties that can help strengthen and heal the lymph system. When used on a regular basis, Echinacea can make the lumps disappear. This herb is primarily used due to its antibacterial properties that help control infections by purifying the blood. For the best results:
• Apply the herb’s extract on the lump at least three times every day until the lump disappear
• You may also drink Echinacea tea every day for seven days to prevent infections that may cause armpit lumps
Note that people diagnosed with autoimmune disorders should not use Echinacea.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar helps dry out armpit lumps and lessens the intensity of other symptoms such as pain, and redness. Besides, it’s antiseptic and antibacterial properties help keep infections at bay and speeds up healing. To prepare the apple cider vinegar remedy:
• Start by mixing apple cider vinegar and water in equal parts
• Apply the mixture on the affected area using a clean cotton cloth
• Let it sit on the lump for about five minutes before rinsing it off with warm water
• Be sure to repeat the process three times every day until the lump disappears
Warm Water Compress
This is one of the most ancient home remedies for armpit lumps. As you massage the lump with hot water, blood circulation increases which in turn reduces the size of the lump and pain. Here’s the procedure to follow:
• Soak a small, clean towel in hot water
• Wring it out to get rid of the excess water
• Place the warm towel under your armpit for about 10 minutes
• Repeat the procedure a couple of times every day
Coconut oil possesses antibiotic, anti-inflammatory and antiviral properties. Thus, it is an excellent remedy to offer relief from the effects of armpit lumps. As a good moisturizer, the oil also promotes healing. To treat armpit lumps using coconut oil:
• Start by warming coconut oil and apply it on your armpit
• Massage the lump using the oil for about five minutes to increase blood circulation
• Repeat the process a couple of times every day
• You may also eat one tablespoon of extra virgin oil every day
Aloe Vera contains moisturizing and anti-inflammatory properties and thus can stimulate healing as well as ease the pain associated with armpit lumps. To use Aloe Vera:
• Start by extracting fresh gel from the Aloe Vera from one or two leaves
• Apply the gel on the lump in a circular motion
• Let it sit for about half an hour before washing it off with cold water
• Repeat the process two to three times every day for seven days or until the lump disappears
Turmeric can facilitate healing of armpit lumps and pain thanks its anti-inflammatory and antibiotic properties. To use turmeric for armpit lumps:
• Mix one tablespoon of turmeric with a significant amount of honey to create a thick paste
• Apply the paste on the affected area and let it sit for about 10 minutes before rinsing it off
• Repeat the procedure two to three times every day for one week or until the lump disappears
If you don’t have honey, you may use warm milk to create the paste
Our list of the home remedies for armpit lumps without mentioning garlic. Because of its antibiotic properties, garlic can help improve blood circulation, reduce pain and promote healing. For the best results:
• Mash one or two garlic cloves to create a paste
• Apply the paste on the affected area
• Let it sit for five minutes and rinse it off with warm water
• Repeat the process once or twice every day for seven days
You may also eat two or three raw garlic cloves on an empty stomach or incorporate it into your cooking.
Lemon juice has a wealth of vitamin C not to mention the anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce swelling and pain caused by armpit lumps. Additionally, the juice is a natural astringent. To use lemon juice for armpit lumps, here’s the procedure to follow:
• Soak a clean cotton ball in freshly extracted juice and apply it on the lump
• Let the extract sit for about 20 minutes and rinse it off with lukewarm water
• Repeat the process two to three times every day for a week
You may also add lemon juice to a glass of honey with water and drink it at least twice every day for a few weeks to speed up healing.
When armpit lumps affect you, you can always turn to natural remedies for relief. Even though the above-suggested home remedies for armpit lumps are efficient, consider seeking medical attention if the swelling and pain persist.